Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dreams for Sale


It's so hard to know. What dream to buy? Which path to take? Sometimes you have to just go, jump, take the leap. Does anyone ever know? If they do, they're probably faking it. So why not just go and pretend you know too.

Maybe you'll end up on the right road - or maybe you'll get lost and have to start over - or maybe you'll take a left turn and end up where you're supposed to be.

No matter what, in the end, you'll be dead.

Might as well make the journey at least interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I was with you until the death part. I'll have you know I plan to live forever.

    And at my rate of "getting lost and starting over," I'm going to have to live forever if I want to ever accomplish anything.

    But I am getting better at finding my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, maybe the 'you'll be dead' punchline is a bit bleak, though it is true. Good to keep it in mind as you plow ahead, without letting it get you too down and existential. Though if it did the latter, maybe you'd be inspired to write like Camus.

    Looking for your name on the big screen one day SOON, Dan.

    ReplyDelete